Friday, March 17, 2006

OK, I'm still in the hoops-womb, even at work, so I've gotta say this.

I HATE Gonzaga.

Their coach is a prick who hardly talks to the media (an uppity move, considering he INHERITED a winning program), and really, it's the program that WSU should have, if it could ever get its head out of its rear.

But The Ford LOVES Adam Morrison. Great big giant man-crush right here.

And it's all because of the 'stache.

When Gonzaga was trailing Xavier on Thursday, he knew (and informed his West-Coast-dismissive Motown coworkers thusly) that Morrison was gonna settle down and let the 'stache take over.

This has been said many times, many places, but it's between Morrison and Plummer for the best 'stache in sports.

(Plummer gets credit since the Mountain Man Beard began life as a 'stache.)

Just makes them fun to watch. If only Gonzaga'd show some team togetherness like BC did and have everyone grown the 'stache.

That. Would. Be. Awesome.

When Gonzaga loses by 20 later this week, I really won't feel too bad. But I'll miss the 'stache, that's for sure.

(And for what it's worth, to show his commitment to the idea of facial hair in sports, The Ford's got tickets to see Pittsnogle and West Virginia tomorrow. Should be pretty sweet as well.)

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You LOVE Adam Morrison? Are you kidding? I just lost a bunch of respect for The Ford.

As Jason Lee said in Mallrats, "The guy looks like a date rapist!"

I wouldn't be surprised if he owned a van with no windows on it, filled it with candy and spent his free time driving it around parks looking for little kids to "be friends with."

Seriously, I heard next year he's got a gig as an extra on My Name is Earl as the white trash, ugly-ass mustache wearing nasty person. Beacause that show doesn't have enough of that already.

Ryan, buddy, you need to get some better man crushes.

 
At 9:39 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want Gonzaga to at least get to the Sweet 16! I am in first in our newsroom pool! UCLA all the way baby!

 
At 3:08 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger The Ford said...

I've given up hoping for any success in any pool I'm in. I'm just gonna have to resort to being satisified with seeing some kick-ass games.

Oh, and if I had to pick another man-crush (How many man crushes until you're gay?), I'd go with Pierce Brosnam. None of this Jude Law/Brad Pitt crap for The Ford.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home