Tuesday, February 28, 2006

There are things I cannot do.
I won't make up a whole list of them, 'cause, well, who's got that much time that they can focus on failure non-stop. (Besides Red Sox fans?)
Now, a lot of the things I can't do, I firmly believe that it's not so much that I CAN'T do them. I just haven't tried. If I tried to do them, well, naturally I'd be a huge success. The Ford does not fail. At anything. (Think blogging, here, people.)
This is how I keep my sanity.
But, still, there are some things I just cannot do. Can. Not.
Like drawing.
I work in an industry where drawing comes in handy, at least in thumbnail size.
My thumbnail sketches look like boxes that laid down and died.
I come from a family known for its artistic skills. My childhood room was papered with drawings of cartoon characters infringed upon by my mom.
My cartoon characters, on the other hand, look like circles that laid down and died.
So, I'm consistent, at least.
And fully confident in my lack of drawing ability. So confident that the lack thereof doesn't hardly bother me.
And then I see stuff like this:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=3&entry_id=370

My first thought: "The Ford could do that. The Ford does not fail."
And then The Ford remembered that it takes drawing ability.
And that, The Ford can't do.
But still, really cool.
And sooner or later, The Ford will figure out a way to fake it.
(How else do you think The Ford got a blog going?)

Other things here of note:
Wil Wheaton's got a blog! Geekboy heaven! Young Master Ford's goal in life was to be some amalgamation of Wesley Crusher and Doogie Howser.
The Ford would pilot starships during the day, and then retire home with his improbably hot girlfriend and write about the lessons he'd learned on a monochrome screen.
So ...
One out of three ain't bad.

Anyway, Wil Wheaton's got a blog: http://wilwheaton.net/index.php
Oh wait, it doesn't work.
Try this one: http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/

And yes, it appears that The Ford is now e-stalking Wil Wheaton.

Told you I could do anything to which I set my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home