Tuesday, February 14, 2006



More news from the pages of the Freep:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006602140436

I bring this up for 2 reasons:
1.) Joey Cheek is a pretty good name, though it really should be Joey Cheeks. Everyone's been making "Is he in the Mafia?" jokes all day, and I'm still not tired of them. That's when you know a joke's got legs.
2.) It's a really cool statement, since I never thought of giving $25 bucks to this charity, much less $25,000. Of course, now, when I get my next paycheck put into my account (no spending until direct deposit begins!), I'm gonna shell out a few bucks for it. Seems like a good thing to do.

In other Olympic news: how great was the finish to the men's Alpine combined today? Bode buggers things, but the U.S. still gets the gold.
I'm a little disappointed in my man Daron Rahlves, but I'll put up with a lot as long as Bode gets put in his place. And yes, I'm oddly vehement about this, considering my usual enjoyment of athletes who give good quote.
But Bode always seemed a bit calculating, especially when he'd say things right before signing a big Nike deal. Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home